Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Today's collection of thoughts

I've been stuck in this horrible little self-created bubble the last few days. Obsessively reading articles, revisiting and reevaluating the contents, and getting mighty uppity whenever someone makes unintelligent comments on social media in connection to things I care about. It's, not attractive or healthy for that matter. Actually, it's just aggressive.
I need to get out of my head and out of the other minds I've been pouring over. So as I always say, do as Dumbledore would do. In this circumstance, that obviously means mind-dump into my fake pensieve.
So first thought: I have to remember who I was 4 years ago.. And even further back than that. It was scary. I've never been a "bad" person.. Or at least, not fully awful; but boy, am I different person than I was back then.
I have to remember we are all coming from different places, that we are only given so much information, so many tools without seeking them on our own. That we all have room for growth and learning.  I need to be more compassionate. I need to not let anger be my first response when something I hold dear to my heart is challenged.
Secondly, all this noise about white feminism and #solidarityisforwhitewomen is killing me. It's that uncomfortable kind of coming to terms with reality and how my actions and ideals suck sometimes. It's that same deeply uncomfortable feeling that I had in LVC's anti-racism sessions where we were asked to have caucuses based on race.
Also I'm annoyed with talking about and defending feminism lately. It's honestly just not worth keeping the terminology when it's a constant battle to get past it and into any real issues. I'm just done. Instead here's this:

No comments:

Post a Comment