Saturday, April 12, 2014

Tarantulas

Okay I officially take back my last post complaining about man eating spiders, especially because a fellow volunteer had a tarantula crawling on her bed net a few nights ago--and another volunteer had one in the bafa with her. The ones I'm taking about are big, but not as scary as a real life tarantula encounter. 

Seriously, I am eternally grateful for my bed net. Not only do I feel like a damn princess every night, but it keeps out the undesirables: mice, roaches, man eating spiders, malaria, scorpions...man. It's a good thing I didn't look up poisonous insects before I came to Malawi or I would be freaking myself out to unhealthy  levels. I almost wish I hadn't looked up all the snakes that could kill me...

Also, life is great and I'm loving it! More details soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment