Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Accepting an acceptance during a government shurtdown

So September 20th I was offered a Peace Corps placement in Malawi for March 2014!

I, of course accepted. (After long bouts of jumping up and down and screaming.)

There is so much to say about what my future holds.. but I think this perfectly sums up the experience waiting for my damn acceptance:

 http://ethiopiacatalog.wordpress.com/2013/10/14/30-peace-corps-reactions/

I've never wanted anything so much--or let myself be so unsure of something that I was pursuing with my entire being.

So here I am during the government shut down wondering if and when it will be over soon, so I can start doing all the things I need to do--inoculations, vaccines, exams.. and wondering if I'll still leave in March.

So, in this time of inaction, there's this to dream about and in some cases dread.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/emily-spiegel/peace-corps-the-first-yea_b_4072408.html

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment